Tuesday, October 20, 2009

SharePoint 2010 Launched

SharePoint 2010 Beta was launched to the world today at the SharePoint 2010 conference in Las Vegas. I have never been so earnestly awaiting the launch of any other product.
I plan to be a devout student and learn and share my experiences through this blog.
Amongst the range of new features that SharePoint 2010 introduces, it now provides support for multiple browsers.


Level 1 Internet browser options running on the Windows® operating system:
  • Windows Internet Explorer® 7 32-bit
  •  Internet Explorer 8 32-bit
  •  Firefox 3.x 32-bit
Level 2 Internet browsers options:
  • Internet Explorer 7 64-bit
  • Internet Explorer 8 64-bit
  • Firefox 3.x on non Windows operating system
  • Safari 3.x
I am not sure what is the difference been Level 1 and Level 2 support, but as long as both IE 7/8 and Firefox are included, I am good to go!

No comments: